The Test Development Specialist (TDS) is trained in all tasks related to the development of licensing and certification examinations under specific guidelines set forth by Applied Measurement Professionals, Inc., which adhere to the requirements detailed in each client’s contract and industry practices.
• Project management
• Item database management, including editing items and defining item bank needs
• Assembling test forms that meet prescribed criteria, and documenting those results
• Providing test development expertise in all facets related to client item banks and tests
• Directing/facilitating client meetings while documenting committee actions, navigating testing software, and maintaining test specifications
• Coordinating with other departments, including psychometrics, test scoring, and publishing
• Performing quality control of the final test products to ensure they meet company/client standards
The qualifications for the job are:
• Bachelor’s degree - A BA/BS in English or Journalism preferred.
• One to two years editing experience preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously, often under time constraints.
• Accurately type a minimum of 60 words per minute; excellent proofreading, language, and editing skills.
• Ability to follow instructions carefully and thoroughly; must be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and quality conscious.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Technical writing experience is helpful.
• Experience with database management, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and SharePoint preferred.
*Travel is required.
*Although content-specific questions are edited for grammar and syntax, please note that this job does not require creative writing skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to:
18000 West 105th Street
Olathe, KS 66061
Attn: Amanda Pemberton-Johnson
Equal Opportunity Employer